Solar Power Purchase Agreements
Clean energy is creating jobs, boosting economic growth and helping to tackle climate change. By utilising solar energy in your business, you could see a significant reduction in energy costs.
But how do you navigate this huge, growing market? And how do you choose the right product for you?
One of the easiest ways your business can benefit from solar is through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
What is a Solar PPA?
In simple terms, it means getting a solar system installed at your premises with $0 up-front cost and buying the energy generated by the system for an agreed price (which may be less than you would pay for grid energy). In short – cheaper, cleaner power with no up-front capital cost.
What are the benefits of Solar PPAs?
1) SYSTEMs are CUSTOMISED so savings are maximised
Because you pay for all of the electricity that you generate in a PPA, you only need a system that generates enough to cover your usage.
Mondo offers expert analysis of your energy use data and optimises your solar system accordingly, ensuring that solar consumption and savings are maximised.
We can also conduct a site inspection to assess roofs and electrical switchboards to make certain that a solar system can be installed in a compliant and cost-effective manner.
Load Variation Example:
Since you will pay for ALL of the energy you generate, you want a system that gives you the right balance between solar-generated energy and your load. The graph above shows a snapshot of Summer for a recent PPA agreement with a school. Solar and load graphs demonstrate that a larger solar system meant that the school would be paying far more than necessary.
2) SMART ENERGY mONITORING AND MANAGEMENT ensures top performance
The inclusion of a smart energy management and monitoring device guarantees the most value out of your workplace’s system.
Ubi is included with all Mondo PPA systems and will give you near real-time access to your energy data, transparency across multiple sites, and remote access to control circuits.
Our team will also keep an eye on things at your site to assist in achieving ultimate efficiency and positive results.
Strike a Balance:
The system will generate enough energy to cover mid-week energy demand, whilst reducing unnecessary generation on weekends and holidays.
3) IMPROVED CASHFLOW and no lock-in commitments
Why should you get a PPA as opposed to leasing, financing or purchasing a system outright?
In most instances, PPAs provide day 1 savings without outlaying any up-front capital.
Outright purchases and leases rely on the business owner to maintain the system. If you commence a PPA and for some reason, you change your mind and want to own the system, you can usually simply purchase the system for a reasonable price.
4) positive ENVIRONMENTal impact
Rest easy knowing that your business is reducing emissions and helping to fight climate change, by utilising a sustainable and renewable source of energy.
In most cases, at the end of the PPA agreement term (usually between 10-20 years) your business will own the system outright, but there are some essential factors to consider along the way. Before you commit to a solar PPA, you should:
- Ensure you are confident that your partner will be around for the long term. Mondo is one of Australia’s largest energy solutions providers with over $1bn in assets. We are trusted by businesses of all sizes, as well as by local, state and federal government, so you can trust that we’ll be here for the long-haul.
- Ensure the system you choose can grow with your business. You’ll need a partner with your best interests in mind. Your energy needs may grow and technology will advance – who will be there to help you along the entire journey? At Mondo, we believe that energy efficiency is a long-term goal achieved through evolving, fit-for-purpose systems and smart energy management technology. We’re here to see that goal through and save businesses money in the meantime.
Get a free solar PPA quote for your business today by completing the form below.
Yes, I’d like a free PPA quote for my business
Enter your contact details below and one of our experts will be in touch.
Stay up to date
Select your areas of interest to stay informed with our latest news and insights.